The Best Place to Buy Passover Goods—JesusBoat
Passover—or Pesach—is the Jewish holiday of freedom, commemorating the deliverance of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt as told in the Book of Exodus. The eight-day festival is celebrated in early spring from the 15th through the 22nd of the Hebrew month of Nissan. Jewish people from around the world recount Passover's watershed story of redemption at a festive meal called the Seder.
The celebration of Passover largely centers around the traditional dinner known as a Seder. A lovely table is set with the finest china and silverware and a white tablecloth. The first two days and the last two days (which commemorate the parting of the Red Sea) are full-fledged holidays. Holiday candles are lit at night and Kiddush and delicious meals are enjoyed both night and day. The middle four days are called chol hamoed, semi-festive "intermediate days," when most forms of work are permitted.
Here are some Passover goods you can buy at JesusBoat.com to help celebrate.
· Seder Plates: This holds the six traditional foods: a hard-boiled egg, a shank bone, bitter herbs, the vegetable, the sweet paste and the second bitter herbs. The Seder Plate has a specific place for each of these foods. Choose from pewter or silver-plated.
· Matzah Plates: This square plate holds all the matzah crackers needed throughout the Seder. It is important they have a place of prominence on the table.
· Matzah Cover: Round elegant Matzah cover with three sections to hold three Matzahs during the Passover Seder. The Hebrew words "Pesach" (Passover), "Matzah," "Maror" (means 'bitter' and refers to the bitter roots or horseradish eaten during the Passover Seder), are embroidered in the middle, summarizing the Passover Story told during the Seder. Embroidered around these words are four Kiddush Cups representing the four cups of the Seder and three matzot. Beautifully decorated with a pomegranate design and bordered with ribbon.
· Matzah Holder: Satin look with four cups of wine decoration and the word "Pesach" (Passover). This holder has three sections to hold three matzahs for the Seder.
· Haggadah: This is the text that sets the order for the Passover Seder and re-tells the story of Exodus. It is essential to have a Haggadah during the Seder. Hard cover with a pewter plated kiddush cup ornament on the cover and beautifully illustrated, this Haggadah masterfully expresses the intersection of religion and the art form of miniature scale paintings while providing a new dimension to the Passover story. Hebrew/English.
· Kiddush Cup: This important element of the Passover table is used to hold the four cups of wine which correspond to the four expressions of redemption that God uses in describing the Exodus (Ex. 6:6-7): “I will take you out…,” “I will save you…,” “I will redeem you…,” and “I will take you as a nation….” Choose from high quality wine cup made of silver with grapevine design, which is symbolic of the blessing recited over wine or grape juice to sanctify the Sabbath, or one decorated with the Tower of David and the Old City of Jerusalem. Comes with matching saucer.
· Elijah Cup: Some people like to have a special cup for Elijah. This cup is filled with wine and not touched throughout the meal. Elijah’s cup represents the fifth expression that follows immediately afterward: “And I shall bring you into the land…”
· Yarden Mount Herman Red Wine: This wine is made using traditional Bordeaux grape varieties that includes Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec and Petit Verdot. The wine’s satisfying body and complexity, along with its immediate accessibility, make it a favorite everyday wine.
The online Jesus Boat Shop, JesusBoat.com, offers the same prodigious products, service and experience as the one in Israel. So when you buy Judaica products online from JesusBoat.com you know you are getting something special to facilitate your spiritual walk.